Monday, November 17, 2008

Sleep, Braveheart


Haven't been getting too many sleep these days, slowly killing myself by overdoing it, first selected a novel gene (was too boring), then the next gene (doesn't satisfy the project criteria of homology) then hopefully this last one is going to be the last. It better because the deadline is in 2 weeks! If I stucked with my first gene then I would have been looong done by now but heck, I'm learning more stuff going down this ragged terrain, so thinking back it's all worth it in the end, no matter what the outcome is, the journey I think matters more than the destination.

As an aside, read an article about standing out in a crowd and this writer mentions the old Braveheart quote,

"Everybone dies, but not everyone lives"

and this one is good too

"Challenge, by definition is the death of the old and the birth of the new."

Desrochers.

No comments: