Friday, October 28, 2011

Ten Simple Rules for Teaching Bioinformatics at the High School Level

Ten Simple Rules for Teaching Bioinformatics at the High School Level

http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pcbi.1002243

Checklist
  1. Am I energized to be enthusiastic about this class?
  2. Is the classroom arranged properly for the day's activities?
  3. Is my name, course title, and number on the chalkboard?
  4. Do I have an ice-breaker planned?
  5. Do I have a way to start leaming names?
  6. Do I have a way to gather information on student backgrounds, interests, expectations for the course, questions, concerns?
  7. Is the syllabus complete and clear?
  8. Have I outlined how students will be evaluated?
  9. Do I have announcements of needed information ready?
  10. Do I have a way of gathering student feedback?
  11. When the class is over; will students want to come back? Will you want to come back?

No comments: